Imagine a space where Frederick residents and visitors alike can gather.
Where sophistication and style fuse with local history and hospitality, and where the crossroads of Frederick converge to offer a warm welcome into our community. That’s what the Downtown Hotel at Carroll Creek will be.
In 2009, a group of community partners came together and identified the need for a full service hotel with conference center space in Downtown Frederick, Maryland. The group was comprised of business leaders, elected officials, and economic development partners. To explore the idea further, the Downtown Frederick Hotel Advisory Committee was formed.
To confirm the need for the facility, the committee commissioned a feasibility study. That study, and subsequent studies, have shown that there is a demand for the project, that a hotel would have a substantial economic impact on the area, and that it would induce demand for additional room nights at other local hotels. Additionally, local businesses have expressed excitement about the potential customer increase that a downtown hotel would bring to their businesses, stating that this hotel could support small merchants, restaurants, retailers, residents, and the business community as a whole.
The following are just a few of the economic benefits of the Downtown Hotel at Carroll Creek:
- $25.8 million in direct, indirect, and induced spending annually
- $1.5 million annually in incremental Maryland state taxes
- Nearly $1 million annually in local (city/county) property taxes
- Roughly 170 additional public parking spaces
- Public access to the hotel’s restaurant, shops, and rooftop
- Meeting space will bring conferences and groups to the downtown area
- Bring an estimated 280 total direct, indirect, and induced jobs to the area
- Catalyst for over $100 million in follow-on development in Downtown Frederick